Interested in becoming a member of the oldest professional press photographers association in America?
Here’s what you need to know:
Working professionals (freelance or staff) in the six New England states can apply for FULL membership by:
• completing an application
• paying their $60 annual dues (upon approval of application)
• including one professional reference from a news organization for whom they do work or are employed
• including a second, professional reference
Individuals seeking STUDENT membership must:
• complete an application
• include one reference from a college professor
NOTE: Membership in the BPPA does not include a Massachusetts News Photographer ID card (also known as a Tri-card), and the application for those is completely separate from BPPA membership. To apply for one, please send an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pay membership dues
Membership dues are $60/year. Most members pay these dues when entering the annual contest, but if you need or want to pay separately, click on this link or the Pay Now button below. You don’t need to have a paypal account to complete the transaction. The link will add the membership dues to your cart and then click on “proceed to checkout” and then complete the purchase process.