- This event has passed.
Digitizing Your Film Archive – Applying New Technology by Digital Silver Imaging
10 June 2021 @ 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
ASMP New England, in cooperation with the Boston Press Photographers Association, is happy to announce a special, live, in-person, and onsite program about new and repurposed technology to create high resolution scans from film.
Digitizing Your Archive and using Capture One Software
On Thursday, June 10, Digital Silver Imaging will debut and demonstrate its On Site Image Preservation Service™ in their newly outfitted van at the Griffin Museum of Photography in Winchester, MA. DSI owner, Eric Luden, and Image Archive Specialist, Scott Nidermaier, will be on hand to showcase the equipment. The van is equipped with a state-of-the-art image capture system, including the use of a medium format camera back, that in seconds can digitize your film, with drum scanner quality, at a fraction of the drum scanner price. Digital Silver imaging is offering to digitize a single 35mm or 120 transparency, or negative (Color or B&W) FREE during the event, so don’t forget to bring your film (mounted or unmounted, negatives in strips or singles – all are fine).
The event runs from 4:00 – 8:00 pm. There will be on-going demonstrations of the digitization process, discussions of best practices for Capture One software, and what to do after your files are converted. DSI will also discuss archive storage solutions, and printing.
- Outdoor event at the Griffin Museum of Photography
- Presentation on the digitization system and utilizing Capture One Software on a large monitor display outside of van
- Free 35mm or 120 digital capture for each photographer – will be done onsite
- Archive storage solutions and discussion
- Turning your archive into new opportunities
- Discussion on printing
- Special pricing to be offered for all attendees on Digitization and Printing
- Light refreshments will be served.