Voting for the Boston Press Photographers Association officers and Board of Directors will take place from Dec. 6 to Dec. 13, 2021. All current paid and lifetime members are eligible to vote in the election. Those eligible to vote should receive an email with a link to the ballot on Dec. 6. If you feel you are eligible to vote but do not receive an email with a ballot link by the end of Dec. 6, please write to email@example.com
Positions and nominees below
We need to elect a slate of SIX members for the BOARD OF DIRECTORS. The top six candidates in voting will be elected to the board.
Nominees for the Board of Directors are:
- Allison Dinner, freelance
- Bill Greene, The Boston Globe (incumbent)
- Rose Lincoln, Freelance / Harvard University (incumbent)
- Meredith Nierman, GBH (incumbent)
- Faith Ninivaggi, freelance (incumbent)
- Jessica Rinaldi, The Boston Globe (incumbent)
- Amanda Sabga, freelance (incumbent)
As immediate past-president, Stephan Savoia (AP, retired) will automatically serve as the seventh board member.
We also need to elect a full slate of officers:
- Brian Snyder, Reuters (incumbent, unopposed)
- Angela Rowlings, freelance (incumbent, unopposed)
TREASURER: By tradition and the bylaws, the Treasurer maintains the association’s finances and takes the lead in fundraising efforts such as sponsorships and advertising.
- Amy Sweeney, freelance (incumbent, unopposed)
SECRETARY: By tradition and the bylaws, the Secretary keeps meeting minutes and in recent years the Secretary has also served as the association’s web master.
- M. Scott Brauer, Freelance (incumbent, unopposed)
MARSHAL: The Marshall maintains order at meetings. The Marshall also assists the other officers as needed.
- CJ Gunther, EPA (incumbent, unopposed)
All officers and Board members contribute to policy discussions and planning.
Introductions for new nominees
Allison Dinner, freelance
Hi, I am Allison Dinner, an independent photographer based in Boston. I have worked globally as a photographer for 15 years. Some clients include The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, AP, AFP, Getty Images, and The New York Times. I think local community is important, and that is why I am running to support the BPPA. My years of experience and continued journalism ethics can be a great contribution to the BPPA Board of Directors.